1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Trying to do the install apps to SD card trick - Please help!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by popap15, Dec 17, 2013.

1. popap15

popap15 Lurker

Hi! I have an HTC Wildfire S (Metro PCS). I tried to do the "Force Apps to install to SD without Root" trick, as mentioned here: http://androidforums.com/desire-tips-tricks/160560-force-apps-install-sd-without-root.html

But for whatever reason, the trick never works. I type in adb devices (that works) adb shell (that works) but when I type in pm setInstallLocation 2 I get error: unknown command 'setInstallLocation' followed by a long list of available commands. Weirdly enough, 'setInstallLocation' is listed at the bottom of this list with options 0, 1, and 2!! This should work, but for whatever reason it is not. Please help!! thx

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

Easiest thing would be to unlock the bootloader and install a rooted ROM (CyanogenMod/AOKP/AOSP) and Int2EXT4+. have an SD card (Min16GB) formatted as follows: 2GB EXT4, 12GB Fat32 or EXT4, 2GB Linux Swap.
    Int2EXT4+ is available here: Dev-Host - CronMod-INT2EXT4+_signed.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
    what it does, is to make the 2GB EXT4 partition on the SD card appear as part of the phone's memory. Very handy on a device with such limited memory as standard.

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews