1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Trying to figure out how to change a few things

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by agl89, Jan 13, 2013.

1. agl89

agl89 Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    Male
    Yorkshire, UK
    Hi all

I have been playing around with my Nexus 4 this morning, installing Nova launcher and some nice icons, widgets and other stuff.

I have set the colour scheme to red - which has adjusted the colour on the swipe bars between the menus etc - but I cant find anywhere to adjust the colour of the time and battery icon on the notification bar? Is there any way to do this?

Also, I want to adjust the colours on the pulse notification light as well, as every notification light seems to just show up as white (i.e. want to do blue for facebook, green for whatsapp, maybe red for emails and keep SMS messages white). Is there a way I can do this?

My phone is not rooted - so dont know if I have to root it to be able to do these?

I would take screenshots to show you what I mean but cant figure out how to hahaha

Thanks

Alex

Advertisement

2. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert
    None

In order to change the notification light you need the app Light Flow from Google Play.

As for changing colours in the notification bar, not possible unless rooted as far as I know.

For screen shot hold the power button and volume down together.

agl89 likes this.
  3. runtmms

runtmms Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 5, 2013
    Denver
    I don't know about changing the notification bar colors. But for the pulse notification check out the app Light Flow. It gives a crazy amount of control. Free version works for lots of things. Paid version works with a ton more apps and gives a little more control. So far I've only used the free version, but this is likely one I end up buying.

agl89 likes this.
  4. agl89

agl89 Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    Male
    Yorkshire, UK
    Downloaded light flow and works great - exactly what I was after so many thanks.

Would like to be able to change the clock/battery icon colour on the notifications bar though - is this possible or do I need to root?

Thanks guys

5. agl89

agl89 Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    Male
    Yorkshire, UK
    bump

any thoughts anyone?

Also, I can't find anywhere to adjust the appearance etc of my lock screen - want to change the style of the clock and possibly the background/wallpaper, and the highlight colour of the swipe-unlock pattern.

I'm using Nova launcher if this makes a difference, also got some wallpaper packs and icon packs installed, and Light Flow notifications...

Thanks

6. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert
    None

For the lock screen clock go get HD Widgets or Make Your Own Clock (the name of the app/widget set).

For lock screen appearance try Widget Locker. I believe you can change the wallpaper with this (among many other things). I use Widget Locker to give a more stock JB look on an HTC One X for instance.

Tags: