1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Trying to figure things out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FramCire, Oct 18, 2010.

1. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I have been reluctant to root but my friend just rooted his T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant. Now he is bugging me to root. I am interested but have no idea what I am doing. I looked around but there is too much info and not a good "Rooting for dummies" type thread.

Anyone willing to link (to a thread I didnt see) or share to help me out.

I need some pro and cons of different ROMs.

How to root for semi-dummies (my buddy will help me through. I am not an idiot, but he is semisavvy rooter.)

For me, I am looking for better battery life and performance. I use Launcher Pro Plus and Goto.

Sorry to ask what I assume has been asked a million times, but I had thought there would be a thread like this tacked up top.

(I have an HTC Incredible.... edit to add)

Advertisement

2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    atl ga usa
    There is a sticky up top posted by woop.

I used this guide and this guide to do mine. I spent a weekend reading and learning about it then away I went. It's not difficult at all take your time and know what your doing before you do it and your good to go ;)

FramCire likes this.
  3. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Thank you for helping out a total moron. How I missed that sticky is unknown to me and probably will never be figured out.

I would love to claim to be new around here, colorblind, blind, asleep, sick, or tired...... none of which are true. I am just that dumb. (note to those ready to tell me that a total moron should not root, I like to think I am not that dumb and I do have a friend who is rooted who will help me walk through).

Now, if anyone has any thoughts or tips to add, I would appreciate it.

So much information to go through and too little brain power!