• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trying to find application

ebc1973

Jul 1, 2010
I am looking for an application that will send my calls directly to voicemail with no ring in between. I still want to be able to send and receive texts. I am trying to simulate my phone being turned off. If the caller hears even one ring, it will be assumed I am hitting ignore. Does such an application exist?

Sometimes that does happen, and I do have Call Blocker, which I can block individual numbers. But I am looking for something that when I am generally not in a mood to talk, that I am not bothered by a ringing phone, and it forwards all calls to voicemail. I just don't want to give any of my friends or family the feeling that I am "ignoring" them, when I am just not in a talking mood in general.

Upvote 0
Sometimes that does happen, and I do have Call Blocker, which I can block individual numbers. But I am looking for something that when I am generally not in a mood to talk, that I am not bothered by a ringing phone, and it forwards all calls to voicemail. I just don't want to give any of my friends or family the feeling that I am "ignoring" them, when I am just not in a talking mood in general.

You can do that from the contact's "information" section. There's a SEND TO VOICEMAIL dropdown option that is "off" by default. Give it a shot.

I just tested and it rang on the caller's phone twice the first time. Went right to vm the 2nd time I called my EVO from their phone.

Upvote 0
aFirewall - Android app on AppBrain

That will allow you to set up things as a "scene" in many different ways. Block calls and allow SMS/MMS is easily doable.

Not positive though that they wouldn't hear a ring. I'm not sure how soon it kicks it to the voicemail. I've been using it for quite some time and it works well for me. People are used to me hitting ignore when I don't feel like talking so I've never thought to check if it rings or not on the callers end. I'd try it for you right now but I don't have another phone handy...

Reactions: ebc1973
Upvote 0
I have seen that feature in the contact list about sending them to voicemail. That is a fantastic feature, and I have used it. But what I want to do is send ALL calls to voicemail. There are just times that I want a text only device. Right now I do just what some have suggested, just simply not answer it. But if I am playing a game, or if I am using an app and someone calls, it interrupts me. When that happens, I have to wait until the call normally goes to voicemail. If I hit ignore, chances are if it is a regular caller, they will make some comment about me hitting ignore. Hopefully I will find an app for this issue. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Upvote 0
aFirewall - Android app on AppBrain

That will allow you to set up things as a "scene" in many different ways. Block calls and allow SMS/MMS is easily doable.

Not positive though that they wouldn't hear a ring. I'm not sure how soon it kicks it to the voicemail. I've been using it for quite some time and it works well for me. People are used to me hitting ignore when I don't feel like talking so I've never thought to check if it rings or not on the callers end. I'd try it for you right now but I don't have another phone handy...

aFirewall is pretty good at stopping unwanted calls. I use it for blocking private - blocked numbers combined with various scenes etc. It will sometimes flash the screen for a split second, but 9 out of 10 times there will be no ring at all for a blocked event (SMS or Call)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones