1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Trying to flash gs7 edge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cbrodriguez1989, May 26, 2017.

1. Cbrodriguez1989

I have a sprint galaxy s7 edge that I flashed to att firmware to use on there network. and can't flash back to Sprint to send it in for repair. I keep getting sha256 as a error on Odin every time I try to flash any help would be greatly appreciated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KingOfTheNet

KingOfTheNet Well-Known Member

*I'm kinda having trouble understanding EXACTLY what the issue here is, but I think I have the right idea. This is just the way I see it, so please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Your device is a Sprint-branded Galaxy S7 edge and you tried to flash AT&T firmware to it? NOT A GOOD IDEA!

Before you perm-brick your phone, do not, I repeat, DO NOT flash firmware to your device that is designed for a different model number. That's exactly how you kill your phone permanently. If you're gonna flash anything at all to this device, flash the Sprint firmware, not the AT&T firmware (Do some googling on your phones model number and you should find your firmware, if you're lucky). In order to get passed the SHA-256 error, download the Modified ODIN from the link below, which is made to bypass the SHA-256 detection. Remember to be extremely careful when flashing firmware to your device. The smallest screw-up can leave you with an $800 brick. Trust me, I learned that the hard way :(

Odin 3.12 Patched (requires Win-RAR or 7Zip to extract): https://mega.nz/#!jlIlRYLA!AE0yW7A9gi3236cjRFr7QUJslMj6Pjy-pll6OONfgLk

Cheers!

mikedt likes this.
  3. Cbrodriguez1989

4. KingOfTheNet

KingOfTheNet Well-Known Member

Good to know you found your error. You might've just saved yourself a phone :D

Cheers!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews