1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support trying to flash recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aklbeach, Jun 9, 2012.

1. aklbeach

aklbeach Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Aviation
    St. Peters, Mo
    C:\Users\jesse\Desktop\unlock>fastboot erase recovery
    erasing 'recovery'...
    OKAY [ 0.742s]
    finished. total time: 0.742s

C:\Users\jesse\Desktop\unlock>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    error: cannot load 'recovery.img'

C:\Users\jesse\Desktop\unlock>moto-fastboot flash recovery recovery-atrix5.img
    'moto-fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

hey guys I"m having trouble flashing the recovery I am rooted and unlocked now. running 2.3.6 4.5.141. I erased the recovery just fine and copied the blue first then tried the red recovery.img files. in to the same folder that I was using. when I typed the moto-fastboot flash recovery-atrix5.img i keep getting this error. If I happen to get stuck in this area can I just send the phone a reboot command without hurting it. Or could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I don't have to (extract) that recovery.img file correct. just copy it in to the correct directory.
    edit I downloaded this from another site and extracted it in the to the correct folder but was still getting the same error even when i would type moto-fastboot devices it wasn't a recognized command. it did take a reboot though.

Advertisement