• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help trying to flash sprint s3 to virgin!!!

I was going to redirect you to this thread, but I guess it was you that started it: http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobile-galaxy-s3-all-things-root/740763-bringing-s3-sprint-vm.html
I'm really not sure how to help you. I remember reading something for the Evo 3D a long time ago, but I couldn't find the thread again. Did you ever contact the todd guy that posted he had it working? You might want to try posting at xda-developers about this too, since it's a little more active there.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
heres the steps i have taken, bare with me now.

i used gs3 toolkit to root, recovery, etc. < killed my wifi!!!
flashed stock rooted rom, i have wifi

i tried using the sprint msl finder 1.2.zip via recovery and manually with root explorer.

i tried the getprop ril.MSL command in terminal, and adb!
tried with and without ##data#, and keyed in numbers...

i installed busybox, and used both super su and superuser

i am stuck at this point, all tutorials lead to v1.1 but all broken links.

i successfully read my msl from the optimus via cdma workshop, can i use it to read the samsung gs3's msl?

i read somewhere that the 4.1.2 rom cant read msl, that i have to downgrade to 4.1.1, and others say it will work, "looks like a developers war" lol anyway i really want to get past this speed bump...

Upvote 0
Im going to downgrade to 4.1.1 when im out of work, having trouble finding the rom though

i got the 4.1.1 via samsung. i think ill use oden to install, must read more...
also the file is "samsung-updates.com-sphl710___.zip" i thought it would be an oden file, so can i keep my recovery and flash this without unrooting and returning to stock recovery?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones