1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Trying to follow the guide, but the LG updater keeps saying there is a problem with communication

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by themessenger, Feb 28, 2011.

1. themessenger

themessenger Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    between my phone and my pc. :thinking: I've followed the guide to a T, as far as I know but it keeps hanging up at this same spot. I've restarted the updater, pulled the battery like it says to, and still nothing. Any help?

got it flashed and Velocity 1.0 installed thanks to dots, D2A, and Sora. Thanks everyone!

Advertisement

2. themessenger

None

Dec 29, 2010
    I restarted my computer and it didn't fix it. Another suggestion I found on the guide thread was to uninstall/reinstall the lg updater, but I can not find it on my programs to uninstall in windows. It's not on the list.

After the computer restart it did get a bit further in the process, but ultimately lost connection.

3. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Android Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2010
    Chicago
    Got your battery close to fully charged? It can mess up if your battery level drops too low. Are on on a laptop or PC? Make sure the USB ports that you are using are "dedicated", well I don't really know what to call them, but on a desktop PC for instance, the convenient USB ports on the front of the tower actually get less consistent power than the ones that are directly on the motherboard and are accessed on the back of the tower. I can charge my phone from the front ports but whenever I am messing with updates and stuff I make sure to use the ports on the back.

4. themessenger

None

Dec 29, 2010
    I'm on a laptop and my battery is at 50%. I'll charge and try a usb port on the back instead of the side and see if that fixes it. Thanks.

5. themessenger

None

Dec 29, 2010
    Ok, charged and switched ports. First thing it says, no connection.

I hit restart and then it goes ahead and gets the MEID, battery level, etc and goes from the analysis screen to the download screen and I end up getting the no connection error again. It even looks like it tried/did download the files.

6. themessenger

None

Dec 29, 2010
    after hitting restart it goes to the update screen but never finishes because it can't hold a connection. Sorry for the multiple posts, I'm just trying to add as much information as I try it so to better help someone help me.

7. themessenger

None

Dec 29, 2010
    Tried all the different USB ports, all do the exact same thing. I'm totally lost. I really would like to try out some of the custom roms, but at this point it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

8. tk421

tk421 Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Same problem :/

9. j2cool2012

j2cool2012 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2010
    Android Dev and Tech Consult
    In the computer
Tags: