• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trying to get 2.1 on my streak...

rnj79

Jul 25, 2010
TX, USA
I have been messing with this for most of the afternoon and am now lost. My Streak is rooted and has the angry flashing lights.

I have made it to this part...
"Restore to UK factory condition

I restored my Streak to UK factory condition instead of just flashing the O2 ROM because I wanted to start fresh. Flashing the ROM is faster/easier for experienced users, which is why I suggested it above, but I'm going with "restore to UK factory condition" here because it's what I did. I also think it will give you confidence in future hacking because it's pretty involved.

If you just want to flash the O2 ROM instead, please feel free. I believe you should be able to flash the ClockworkMod recovery image using the ROM Manager app from Android Market, backup the AT&T ROM, and then flash it later if necessary. I don't think the AT&T recovery image is available yet, though, which means you wouldn't be able to restore to AT&T factory condition.

This is the most daunting step to anyone who has never done something like this before, but just take it slow and you'll get through it.

1. Assuming you don't already have it, download the Android SDK. Unzip it and put it wherever you want. You won't be installing anything so don't worry; you just need the fastboot.exe sitting on your computer.
  2. Install Dell PC Suite if you don't already have it.
  3. Download the stock recovery ROM and the stock Dell ROM from the links provided at MoDaCo.
  4. Rename the Dell ROM Update.pkg and move it to the root directory of the Streak's microSD card.
  5. Put the recovery ROM in the C:\ directory on your computer.
  6. Turn off the Streak. Hold down the camera button while pressing the power button to turn it back on.
  7. Tap the "Fastboot" button that will appear in the top-right corner of the screen.
  8. Wait for about 10 seconds (you'll see "Wait for USB Fastboot detect" in the bottom-left corner of the screen in the meantime) and connect the Streak to your computer.
  9. When "Fastboot_Mode" appears on the Streak's screen, open a command prompt on your computer. In Windows, you can do this by typing cmd in the Start Menu's search bar and hitting Enter.
  10. Navigate to the folder where fastboot.exe (from the Android SDK) is by using the cd command.
  11. Once you're in the right place, type fastboot.exe -i 0x413c flash recovery c:\recovery.stock.img and hit Enter.
  12. When you see "Download RECOVERY Done!" on the Streak, remove the back cover and pull out the battery.
  13. Replace the battery and back cover. Hold the volume up and down buttons down while pressing the power button and choose option 2 from the menu that will appear.
  14. Relax for a few minutes and wait for the Streak to reboot. You'll see the O2 splash screen because

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones