• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trying to load Prekitchen...

arh1192

Dec 16, 2009
I'm new to rooting and I see set by set guides to root but I keep reading about this Prekitchen one click deal yet that is all I see. I see no instructions on how to do it. I downloaded Prekitchen, I click help, every comes back with a green check minus sendkeys and java. It also says I need sendkeys for the autoloader to work.

Can someone please help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I just did this yesterday. After you update the exe file, run the diagnosis to make sure you have it all setup properly (minus the Java, all mine came up good to go)

As far as send keys... does your phone say "with google"? did you check the "with google" box when you ran pre-kitchen? I read a post that stated the "with google" flag had something to do with the send keys. might try diagnosis with and without the "with google" flag to see if it makes any difference

What I found is that if you run pre-kitchen it takes you through steps 1-9 on this FAQ How to: Root the CDMA HTC Sprint Hero Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

Make sure you follow the directions on pre-kitchen and shutdown all IM software so nothing takes focus on your machine... the pre-kitchen software is a work of art IMHO... macros type out everything in the command prompt, which saves you the headache of having to type all the commands.

Once it completes your phone will go to a semi dos prompt with a menu. Run the backup as instructed in step 10 and continue from there.

Also... when you load fresh for the first time you'll have a screen that says something about initializing fresh... it will seriously take 5-10 minutes... don't panic, this is normal (I panicked and then google-assured myself that it was fine)

Good luck... it was really easy.

Upvote 0
kitchen's auto rooter will not work unless all the checks have been meet :D

It worked for me without the Java.. I read a few posts that asked the same question and it stated that the java check mark was not required. I really wanted to get the check mark to show up (kinda anal like that) but I bit the bullet and tried it based on the other questions I read about needing that check. (Don't take my word on it though... I don't want to be held responsible :eek: )

edit... saw the geekfor.me in your siggy... is that your site??? I seriously want to say thanks to whomever owns that site.

Upvote 0
this is what I love about the hero forums here... even though this question has been asked or exact topic brought up several times in the last couple weeks... no one has said do a search.. 3 weeks and I'll have my hero and when I get it.. it'll be fresh...

mysticmead - you really need to do a search on this, it's been covered to death. :D

Upvote 0
It worked for me without the Java.. I read a few posts that asked the same question and it stated that the java check mark was not required. I really wanted to get the check mark to show up (kinda anal like that) but I bit the bullet and tried it based on the other questions I read about needing that check. (Don't take my word on it though... I don't want to be held responsible :eek: )

edit... saw the geekfor.me in your siggy... is that your site??? I seriously want to say thanks to whomever owns that site.

Not my site I'm just one of flips testers of you want to say thanks donate to his site

Upvote 0
yes you are correct if java fails it even flat out tells you the only thing it's needed for is to sign files and that everything else will work fine

does it matter if java works or not though?

read the quote above...java is ONLY needed to sing files.. you are not going to be signing any files so don't worry about it..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones