1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support trying to prevent repeat power cycle problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hkay1, Aug 9, 2011.

1. hkay1

hkay1 Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Hi there. I have a Droid X that was going into a power cycle when I would turn the phone from portrait to landscape. This was happening about 2 times a day. I have already tried cleaning battery contacts. Verizon Tech said that I should go back to factory settings to see if it would keep happening before they would issue me a warranty replacement.

EWE.....

But I did it, and I am trying to decide if the problem was caused by a bad application or if there is something else I should make sure I DONT download.

So, I am installing only the apps that I really use....and want to make sure they stable...

Does anyone know of a particular app or situation that would cause my phone to power cycle like that when the accelerometer was used?

Advertisement

2. hkay1

hkay1 Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Hi there. I have a Droid X that was going into a power cycle when I would turn the phone from portrait to landscape. This was happening about 2 times a day. I have already tried cleaning battery contacts. Verizon Tech said that I should go back to factory settings to see if it would keep happening before they would issue me a warranty replacement.

EWE.....

But I did it, and I am trying to decide if the problem was caused by a bad application or if there is something else I should make sure I DONT download.

So, I am installing only the apps that I really use....and want to make sure they stable...

Does anyone know of a particular app or situation that would cause my phone to power cycle like that when the accelerometer was used?