• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trying to put NoRoot Firewall apk on sd

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
Actually, I've already done that but it won't open. Then I downloaded apk pure (where I got it) and the stupid Chromebook can't handle that either. Since it's the library's I can't get something from the chromestore to fix that. I just want to have a way to block all that junk when I get a new phone which I hope will be really soon.

Actually, I've already done that but it won't open. Then I downloaded apk pure (where I got it) and the stupid Chromebook can't handle that either. Since it's the library's I can't get something from the chromestore to fix that. I just want to have a way to block all that junk when I get a new phone which I hope will be really soon.
you are not supposed to open apk's. are you trying to open it on your phone? once it is on your sd card, using a file manager, you would then install the apk.

and i'm not sure what you are trying to do on your chromebook.

Upvote 0

You've already done what?

What are you actually trying to do there? Is it trying to install and run apps on a Chromebook or something? I can't help you with that.

Reactions: Rgarner and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
The only reason I was using a Chromebook at the library was to install NoRoot Firewall on the sd card. Somebody else got it out of the old phone (barely) and I put it in an adapter and thence to the slot in the computer. I clicked or tapped or whatever on it to make sure it was the real deal, and that's when I got the message about how it could not be opened by anything the laptop had. I guess it'll still work in a new phone though. I hope to have one later today. The old one is that Moto G Stylus that is still apparently stuck in fastboot and I don't even know how that happened. Another mystery is how it still has the energy to show that when it has not been plugged in for more than a month.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones