• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trying to restore mms.apk file

dpeck66

Lurker
Feb 20, 2012
Hello, I'm new to this but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I recently had my Triumph rooted by a friend of mine and I'm trying to reinstall the mms.apk with Titanium backup. I uninstalled the stock messaging app and now I can't send or recieve picture messages. I backed it up before I did that though. I've made sure the mms.apk is in the system/app folder and try to reinstall with TIBU and it says it's restoring it but it just keeps going on and on and nothing happens. I was hoping someone could help. Thank you for reading.

Hello and welcome aboard. You will want to check-in to your device's sub-forum for help with this issue. There you'll find users of the same device who knows more about your phone.

Here is a link to that area: Triumph - All Things Root - Android Forums
If you need any help navigating the site, just give one of us Guides a shout!
icon14.gif

Upvote 0
I have had to restore system apps many times and sometimes it can take a looooong time...maybe you can just download the mms.apk from the internet and put it on your phone...or try to download a different messaging .apk and try to install that...
I'll try that, thanks. Also, do I need the odex to do this? If you know. And thanks again for your help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones