1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Trying to root and install custom rom on Tmobile g1...NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alexmattgeorge, Jul 17, 2010.

1. alexmattgeorge

alexmattgeorge New Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Ok...so, im really new to the root, rom world. I read instructions on how to root and install custom roms and i have to refer to google for many definitions. Basically im stuck, Ive flashed a custom recovery image from xda-developers - View Single Post - [Recovery] [15-May-2010] RA-dream-v1.7.0 (also for the Rogers Dream) after i installed RC29 by using DREAIMG.nbh. I wasnt able to install a custom radio like the directions i was using said to do and i wasnt able to install an SPL file. Both of those said that they were recommended so i didnt bother with it. I tried to install a custom rom from [ROM]TheOfficial DONUT TMO, ADP & AOSP (dream/magic)(EBI0/EBI1) [3/17/2010] -- v2.6.3 - xda-developers but im getting an error message. it says
    Install: ASOP_ADP_1-1.zip
    Press HOME to confirm,
    any other key to abort.

Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E: no signature (1020 files)
    E:Verification failed

Installation aborted

Advertisement

2. alexmattgeorge

alexmattgeorge New Member

Jul 17, 2010
    please help!!! anything will help...i honestly dont know what the hell im doing :3

3. flight3

flight3 Active Member

May 3, 2010
    Ok well first off, I don't know exactly what you have done with your phone, but since you have a recovery on your phone already, then I say that you should do a wipe and follow the cyanogen wiki instructions. They are very through.

Full Update Guide - HTC Dream - CyanogenMod Wiki

Message me if you have any other questions.

Tags: