1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Trying to root Atrix2 on ICS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OPCatalina, Aug 6, 2013.

1. OPCatalina

OPCatalina Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2013
    I have tried to root a number of times, but have had nothing but failure. I get to *server not running*
    *daemon not running. starting it now*
    *daemon started succesfuly*

nothing happens beyond this. I have followed the root instructions as carefully as i can, I saw one set of instructions that talked about getting phone to connect in PTP camera mode...cant find that...?? I am trying this on Windows XP SP3 computer. I have ICS for sure...i am at a loss...i have the original cable (or at least it says ECOMOTO on a sticker on it) I have Unknown sources checked and USB debugging checked.

I am not a total Noob..but i may need some more plain language step by step help....if anyone can render, i would be most appreciative.

Advertisement

2. OPCatalina

OPCatalina Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2013
    Ok..I maybe need to provide some more information to hope someone can help me.
    AS for the PTP camera connection, I pulled the notification area down on the phone and checked that...but when I plug the phone into the computer, it tries to use Windows Media player...I cant seem to figure out how to stop that...I had installed MotoCast and tried that, no luck...uninstalled that and just installed Motorola Device manager, also no luck.

Maybe I have apps that are causing problems? A thread mentioned that ATT Code reader is a problem, so I deleted it.

I am trying to understand what happens on the phone as it is rooted--by that I mean, does the rooting software run through all of the apps where something i have on the phone is stopping the process? It is my kids phone, so I have an app that i can block the use of apps without a password...could that be causing a problem?

Does anyone Root phones as a pay-service?

Well, I hope this gives some more info, and someone can provide insight....thank you