• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to root my 3rd prevail

mjhealy1978

Android Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2013
Lowell,Ma.
Can't get the Samsung drivers from the Odin link in the CT Mod root guide to work once I download it. Help is there something wrong with them? I unzip the driver's when I download them but I get this stupid message from windows saying disambiguation something or other I dunno? I have win.8 is that why? Please help!!!

Don't know if win8 is a problem or not, I have win7. I have never loaded the drivers, I just plugged phone in and pc got them off phone and when I got a laptop same thing, never loaded any drives other than what phone did. So can't help you out on that. If you have another phone or a friend with prevail just plug in and turn on usb and pc should auto load them. Sorry, all I got for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones