• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root trying to root my S5 need some guidance.

pretty much as it says, trying to root my S5, and wanting to make sure i get it right, the last time i tried to root, i screwed it, picked the wrong firmware or something i really don't know, made it impossible to use any of my apps cause it said it "wasn't supported" and to fix it i had to do a full reset of my phone, so yeah, want to get it right this time, here is the information required, if i miss anything let me know:

SM-G900I (australia)
Android 6.0.1
G900IDVU1CQD1 (bbv)
MMB29M.G900IDVU1CQD1 (Build Number)

hope that is enough info, thanks to anyone who can help out, i kinda gave up on trying to root after my first try made a mess of things, but if someone here could help that would be awesome, i tried some of those "one click" root programs, namely Towelroot but that didn't work cause my device wasn't supported...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones