• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to Root my Xperia J

JDS866

Lurker
Dec 31, 2013
I recently bought a Sony Xperia J (st26a) Running 4.1.2 (11.2.A.0.33)
and am trying to gain root access so I can get rid of some of the crappy bloatware apps that are hogging a couple hundred megs of my precious storage space. I have looked into unlocking the boot-loader but it seems it's not possible on this model of phone and have spent a few days searching for some answers online but haven't found any :/
If anybody has any ideas or insights I would greatly appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks! :)

Try Kingo. (The forum isn't handling the URL correctly for some reason.) They don't list your phone, but they have roots for a lot of phones they don't list. It's free. (There used to be some controversy about it, but it seems that they've fixed the issue [a social one, not a technical one].)

Putting it down here seems to work.

http://www.kingoapp.com/

Reactions: JDS866
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones