• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root trying to root tf300

jlaezell78

Mar 16, 2013
trying to get my tablet rooted. i downloaded the files needed and it says that the tablet should rec files on the computer. i put the tablet in recovery mode but nothing happens. any ideas what im doing wrong or can someone point me in the direction of the right files needed to get up and running? thanks

Keep in mind that until a kernel source has been released, there will be no overclocked kernels for the tf300. Also, many of the ROMs are not compatible with the newest bootloader.

Just a few things to keep in mind before upgrading.

I'm sticking with an older version of CleanROM for the moment until more work and testing has been done with the newest bootloader. The version I'm running is rock solid. Plus, i can swap to most of the other ROMs if i choose to.

Upvote 0
Yeah I wish mine would not have been updated. I wanted to use clean mod.
Not sure if it is 4.2.1 but every time I uninstall an app the play store force closes 2x unless I uninstall through the play store. Started doing that right after root.

Well if you have root, i take it you also installed a recovery... correct? Go into your recovery and do a factory reset. NOT A DATA WIPE!!! BE CAREFUL BECAUSE YOU CAN BRICK YOUR TABLET IF YOU CHOOSE THE WRONG OPTION.

A factory reset should fix your problem. Also clear your cache and Dalvik cache. :)

Upvote 0
finally rooted......yay.

now what are some of the essentials not that im rooted other than titanium now that im rooted? also whats the best custom rom out now for the tf 300?

What bootloader are you on, 4.1 or 4.2? If you're on 4.1, there are all kinds of ROMS over at XDA. If you're on 4.2, you can only run CleanROM or Energy.

I suggest running CleanROM. It has a version for both bootloaders . :D

Reactions: jlaezell78
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones