1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Trying to run metamorph But says I don't have enough room in system partition

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HatchetDaddy, May 18, 2011.

1. HatchetDaddy

HatchetDaddy Lurker

I recently rooted my android zio successfully and I have figured out how to change some fonts using applications. But from here I'm an idiot. Tried to use metamorph to change my themes but I'm getting a message to curse not enough room in my system partition. Could someone please help this dummy???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sinisin

sinisin Newbie

You don't have enough room on the /system partition. It's 102.5 mb in size, and comes completely full when you buy the phone. An application such as Root Uninstaller will help you to remove files from /system. Be VERY careful what you delete. Things like the stock bloatware from Cricket(Midnight Bowling, Uno, Kyocera Top Apps.). Now, to get ENOUGH room to install Metamorph, you need to delete Maps from /system/app. As long as you keep Maps in /data/app it will still work fine. If there is not a copy of Maps in /data/app, you can DL it from Market and install, it installs to /data/app(aka Internal Storage). I have to say, if you are trying to get a custom theme, you should probably Google UOT(Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen). Metamorph is a pretty advanced Themer, and unless you have themeing experinece on iPhones or computers or somewhere, Metamorph is not where you want to start themeing on Androids. If root and what to do with it is still new to you Metamorph will probably hurt your feelings, just like it did to mine.

Lots of reading to be done here about themes and apps and what you can do to get overclocking and custom roms.......
    Kyocera Zio M6000 - xda-developers

Kyocera Zio Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews