• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trying to send an MMS, please help.

incy1020

Nov 6, 2009
Hi:
I am trying to send an animated GIF as an mms.
I have tried both going in and creating a new message, then attaching the gif file, as well as viewing the file in the gallery, then selecting send/messaging.
Neither will work.
When I attach it, it says file type is not supported. When I try to send it from the gallery, it converts it to a still image.
Any thought?
I am attaching the gif file in hopes that someone here is smarter than me :eek:

Thanks!

Attachments

• Applications-KS_5_31.GIF
    Applications-KS_5_31.GIF
    1.3 KB · Views: 80
Hi:
I am trying to send an animated GIF as an mms.
I have tried both going in and creating a new message, then attaching the gif file, as well as viewing the file in the gallery, then selecting send/messaging.
Neither will work.
When I attach it, it says file type is not supported. When I try to send it from the gallery, it converts it to a still image.
Any thought?
I am attaching the gif file in hopes that someone here is smarter than me :eek:

Thanks!

It works for me sending from the gallery. I have to tap the message and open it to see the animation, and it doesn't loop, but it does play.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones