1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Trying to transfer Word documents to SHS2

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by harry fine, Nov 6, 2011.

1. harry fine

harry fine Newbie
    None

Nov 6, 2011
    Hello

New android user. Got a Samsung Galaxy S2, just love it.

Using Samsung's Kies to sync Outlook info. It also does music, videos, pictures etc.

But I'm trying to figure out how to put Word documents and PDF's on, or where to put them in my sd card so that the phone recognizes them. I suspect it has to be in a proper location.

In Kies, you can open up the sd card in Explorer, so I did that, and copied a folder of docs into the sd folder. But the SGS2 didn't see them once I had disconnected the cable and tried to find them using a file manager.

Any hints what the best way is?

Harry

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    On an S1, all you do is make a new folder label it whatever you want, and I can see the files. I have PDFs and whatnot in my SD card. I personally never use Kies anyway, even for Outlook sync (I use cloud based methods).

Try using the built in Polaris app to search for your files, assuming you put them in the correct location.

On a side note, did you put the files on the external sd or the internal memory? If its on the external SD, you have to go to the folder labeled "external sd" on the phone's file manager.