• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trying to turn Straighttalk phone into Tracfone phone

nexus08

Lurker
Jun 26, 2014
I bought a used ZTE Valet on Ebay, and unfortunately, the phone was setup for Straighttalk dispite the seller saying it would be a tracfone. The seller was awesome and sent me a replacement and told me he didn't need/want the original back.

So, I'm thinking I'd check and see if there was anyway to convert this straightalk phone to a tracfone to have as a back up, or give to my wife.

I thought maybe flashing a new copy of the original tracfone rom might do it (what comes on the phone new). Are there any custom roms or original tracphone roms to be found for this phone yet?

Can you even flash a new rom to these phones?

Thanks. I'm not a total noob, but pretty close. So thanks for any help!

I bought a used ZTE Valet on Ebay, and unfortunately, the phone was setup for Straighttalk dispite the seller saying it would be a tracfone. The seller was awesome and sent me a replacement and told me he didn't need/want the original back.

So, I'm thinking I'd check and see if there was anyway to convert this straightalk phone to a tracfone to have as a back up, or give to my wife.

I thought maybe flashing a new copy of the original tracfone rom might do it (what comes on the phone new). Are there any custom roms or original tracphone roms to be found for this phone yet?

Can you even flash a new rom to these phones?

Thanks. I'm not a total noob, but pretty close. So thanks for any help!

I went to activate my galaxy s4 as a tracfone and they said it was a straight talk phone and it took them about 5 minutes and they had it switched to a tracfone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones