1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Trying to Unroot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Legend83, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Legend83

Legend83 Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    OK i tried unrooting my evo and i kept getting a message that the file PC36img.zip was out of date and wouldn't run. Or something to that affect. I had already used the unrevoked tool to turn S-On. I then decided to Turn S-off again then ran the file PC36img.zip and it worked. Now i am trying to go back and turn S-On and i have the file installed on the root on the SD card but when i click recovery after holding vol down and the power button i am getting a phone with an exclamation point in it and its not letting me get to where i can select install from zip. I need to send my phone back to sprint since they sent me a replacement and this one is not hooked up right now. What can i do to get S-On. I have the other file installed and the phone looks like it did the day i got it.

Thanks,

Eric

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    what is your hboot? and do you have s-on or s-off now?

3. Legend83

Legend83 Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    My hboot is 2.10.0001 and I have S-off right now and I am trying to get S-on so i can return the phone back to my carrier. I have everything back to normal no more superuser or any of the programs that didnt come with the phone the only thing i am stuck on is getting S-on but when i hold the volume down and then press the power button I get into the boot loader but then when i click on recovery to find the unrevoked s-on zip file the phone goes to the white screen like normal then it pops back up with a black screen with a picture of a phone and an exclimation point with a triangle around it and then I cant power the phone off again with out pulling the battery from the unit.

Thanks again for the help,

Eric

4. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    You need to go here: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/259446-clockwork-amon-ra-pc36img-files.html and download a custom recovery(Amon RA 2.3 or CWM 2.6.0.1) and follow the directions to get your recovery back. Then follow the steps again to unroot.

You will need to flash the s-on tool from recovery then flash the PC36IMG file again from hboot to get rid of the custom recovery.

Tags: