1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips TTY Mode change to use mic + headphone jack

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nor*Cal, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Nor*Cal

Nor*Cal Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    Bay Area
    There has been lots of discussion about the internal mic not working when using the Thunderbolts headphone jack. At one point HTC stated that the internal mic turns off when the headphone jack is used and that no setting would change this.

Well, I read a post on this forum a while back that changing the TTY mode would turn the mic on when a headphone jack is plugged in. Here's the change.

Go to: Settings -> Call -> TTY Mode and change it to TTY VCO

Today, I suggested to member Bonerdroid to try this as he had his phone plugged into his stereo and wanted to listen to the call through his stereo but talk through the bolts internal mic. He changed this setting and confirmed it worked.

I know many people have complained about this issue so I thought I would post the solution under the "Tips" prefix.

Thanks for the confirmation Bonerdroid and thanks to the OP who first posted this solution on this site. I would go back and find his user name but do not recall what thread he posted it in.

Advertisement

2. bonerdroid

bonerdroid Newbie
    None

Mar 18, 2010
    After reading your earlier post, I went to my car in the garage and called Mrs. Bonerdroid who heard me loud and clear.

Glad I have an opportunity to thank you again, Nor*Cal!

Nor*Cal likes this.
  3. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    Male
    Law Enforcement
    Staten Island, NY
    Thank you for the tip as well..

4. bonerdroid

bonerdroid Newbie
    None

Mar 18, 2010

I just got a new GS5 that had the same issue right out of the box. I just referred to your solution a second time. Three years later, thanks again!

5. darnocs1

darnocs1 Lurker
    None

Apr 1, 2014
    This is great for calls, but I also would like to be able to use my internal mic for "Ok Google" when driving, but have the sound play over my car's speakers. Does this work for that as well?