• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tube Downloader by Koyotesoft

Did you try downloading it through your computer or phone? I've noticed that it won't work through my phone.

I was able to download it, but it doesn't work. This is the program that Sirius turned into Tubedroid. I try to download videos but get an error. Also got an update notification, and when I try to install the update, it errors out.

Upvote 0
Here's a link to a youtube downloader and an addon (I"m not sure what the add-on does, haven't used it)

Youtube Downloader

YES!!! Thank you.

fyi...for everyone else.

You can download the apk from the link above. Make sure that you set your phone to allow programs outside of the market. Move this apk to your phone SD card and click on it from any file manager.

When it installs, this version will not work. It will open but wont download. When you open it, it will show a notification icon prompting you for an update. Download it.

VERY IMPORTANT

before you click on the update, EXIT and go and uninstall the APPLICATION you installed. After it is uninstalled, use your file manager again and find the UPDATE you just downloaded. Click it to install. It should say 2.5.2 or something like that. It will re-install the whole app.

DOWNLOAD AWAY!!! Worked for me....(for now)

Upvote 0
YES!!! Thank you.

fyi...for everyone else.

You can download the apk from the link above. Make sure that you set your phone to allow programs outside of the market. Move this apk to your phone SD card and click on it from any file manager.

When it installs, this version will not work. It will open but wont download. When you open it, it will show a notification icon prompting you for an update. Download it.

VERY IMPORTANT

before you click on the update, EXIT and go and uninstall the APPLICATION you installed. After it is uninstalled, use your file manager again and find the UPDATE you just downloaded. Click it to install. It should say 2.5.2 or something like that. It will re-install the whole app.

DOWNLOAD AWAY!!! Worked for me....(for now)

Thanks, that did the trick i got it

Reactions: twin2724
Upvote 0
anything that downloads from youtube violates the market tos and therefore will be pulled. if someone wants to pm me links to working apks i will post them on my personal web server for download, along with other discontinued apps i have tucked away. im working on something very exciting, and im launching it soon. this will be on of the features.

fyi: apps like imusic/neomusic/musicjunk will/have been pulled as well for the same reasons. i have a copy of music junk, that works too! dolphin browser also had to pull its youtube download feature out of the browser to stay in market. i have a copy of the old dolphin as well.

Upvote 0
Omg. I was soooo disappointed when I could not download vids on tubedownloader anymore. Did some research and found great app to do what I need. VIDEOBOX downloads youtube vids. :D Only thing is I am still looking for app that will convert vids to mp3 so I can play in my car.:(

Or you could just download per my instructions and Tubedownloader lets you download as video OR mp3. I download the audio files all the time and just move them to my music collection.

Upvote 0
There was an option to send an error report and they wrote back saying that they were working on it. I hope they also write back when they get it fixed. :cool:

Really? I had to purchase($1.99) Tubedroid from SlideMe back on 7/18 since it was no longer on the Market only for it to quit on me several days later. I have tried the 'check for updates' to no avail and have sent Sirius Applications a few emails asking if they will ever update the app but never received a reply.

I've come to presume that they won't bother with it anymore being that it's not something they could sell on the market:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones