1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

turbo and power saving mode or ultra saving

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by currentdroiduser, Oct 31, 2014.

1. currentdroiduser

does the turbo have ultra saving mode or power saving mode? maybe it does not with android 4.4 but has it with android 5 or L?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ShanDroyd

ShanDroyd Well-Known Member

just got the 64 gig model yesterday and so far I have found absolutely no power saving options.
    also just took it off the charger 2 hours ago and played around with the phone and down to 89 percent already.

3. Bearcats

Bearcats Android Enthusiast

Constant screen on or periods of idleness in between?

4. On the Droid Maxx it is at ... Settings | Battery and it is the first option labeled Battery Saver.

(I never use it.)

... Thom

5. vr4

vr4 Well-Known Member

Give it a few days. My previous phones didn't have full battery life until they had been discharged a few times.

Thom likes this.
  6. DanL

DanL Newbie

I never used it on my Maxx either. I don't see the option on the Turbo.

7. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

I thought I remember that battery saver only did anything when the Droid Maxx was at 15% or below. I'm only there when I deliberately try to drain the phone, so I *want* it to drain faster.

8. budfox66

budfox66 Well-Known Member

Disappointed with the batt so far, not got 24hrs yet, let alone 48. Had it 3 days and charged it 3 times. Very disappointing. Going to Verizon store Mon morn to see what can be done with settings or battery. Can't imagine this as good as it gets!?

9. Rich123

Rich123 Newbie

You want long battery life? Turn off all the functions you don't use or need: I turned off the hand waving, OK Moto, assistive actions, phone talking, unnecessary notifications, etc., etc., etc. I only use Data when I am out of WiFi range, I turn location off unless an App needs it or I am out, I have the Find My Phone function enabled, it works great.

10. currentdroiduser

I called motrolla..... they said its a possibility that the droid turbo will never have the power or ultra saving mode due to not wanting to be like samsung :( ouch

or its coming in the android L 5.0 update.

11. Bearcats

Bearcats Android Enthusiast

A lot of people desire a lot of that stuff on. People are just tired of having to constantly think about battery usage and charging. Especially when a company is waving "average use will get you xx hours" and not coming overly close so far based on limited real world samples.

12. currentdroiduser

Battery

Power for the long haul

A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins
    Estimated time left to fully charge is displayed when your device is plugged in
    Estimated time left on your device before you need to charge again can now be found in battery settings

this is what i got from the lollypop page unconfimed does this sound like we may be getting a power saving mode?

13. coulterjosh

coulterjosh Well-Known Member

it sounds to me to be something like the ultra saver such as Samsung has on the s5

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews