• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turbo not turning on??

ab23

Lurker
Jan 5, 2015
Droid turbo will not turn on. It will flash the motorola logo and powered by android.
I do a hard reset, on button and volume down at the same time and take me to the options to start, restart bootloader,recovery mode, power off, Factory,Barcodes,BP tools, QCOM, Bootloader logs as options. When I click on one I want and hit the start button the motrola logo and powered by android text starts to blink at me.

Any one know why it wont turn on or why it blinks? Is there a place I can take it to have it looked at?

I cant even select an option to recover, power off, factory etc etc in a fast boot mode. The only time it will actually let me do something is to do a fastboot and I cant advance past that screen. I have no clue what root-ed is. This phone was bought directly from verizon.

Upvote 0
You could go to any Verizon store and ask them for help.

I'm not sure what you are doing.

Volume down and power ... when screen appears ...
Volume down twice until Recovery mode is displayed
Then power button
When android on its back and No Command is displayed ...
Hold down volume up for 10 seconds and while still holding it down press and release power button
Volume down until "wipe cache partition: is displayed
Hit power button
It will run for 6-10 MINUTES and then boot

If you still have the problem ... go through the same procedure and select "wipe data factory reset"

... Thom

Upvote 0
Are you sure that it is sufficiently charged? Have you been charging with the supplied charger and cable or something else? If not, I'd try plugging into the turbo charger that came with the phone for 15 minutes or so and then try powering up again.

I wouldn't worry about the phone being rooted - the Turbo hasn't been found to have a root vulnerability yet, so that's not it.

If power is not the issue, I'd suggest trying a factory reset from recovery mode, which you should be able to from what you can see. Here are instructions on how to do so:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-118101/

(So, yes, you are missing the step of pressing the volume up and power key at the same time when you see the droid after selecting "recovery" and seeing the Moto logo.)

and here is a video showing you the steps:

That would be what I would try next.

Upvote 0
Are you sure that it is sufficiently charged? Have you been charging with the supplied charger and cable or something else? If not, I'd try plugging into the turbo charger that came with the phone for 15 minutes or so and then try powering up again.

That was a very interesting idea so I ran the battery in my Turbo down to zero. It did the auto automatic power off.

When I tried a power on a gigantic battery image appeared that was empty.

I charge a while using the turbo charger and tried to power on again. Another battery image appeared.

I charged to 13% and did the power on normally and it then showed the low battery dialog.

... Thom

Upvote 0
That was a very interesting idea so I ran the battery in my Turbo down to zero. It did the auto automatic power off.

When I tried a power on a gigantic battery image appeared that was empty.

I charge a while using the turbo charger and tried to power on again. Another battery image appeared.

I charged to 13% and did the power on normally and it then showed the low battery dialog.

Excellent, that's great info, thanks Thom.

Upvote 0
You could go to any Verizon store and ask them for help.

I'm not sure what you are doing.

Volume down and power ... when screen appears ...
Volume down twice until Recovery mode is displayed
Then power button
When android on its back and No Command is displayed ...
Hold down volume up for 10 seconds and while still holding it down press and release power button
Volume down until "wipe cache partition: is displayed
Hit power button
It will run for 6-10 MINUTES and then boot

If you still have the problem ... go through the same procedure and select "wipe data factory reset"

... Thom
Thom,
I am having exactly the same problem identified by ab23. I can get to the screen where Recovery Mode is an option, but when I select it (using power button), the screen reverts to the flashing Motorola logo. I can scroll through all of the options on this page (Start, Restart Bootloader, Recovery Mode, Power off, Factory, etc.), but selecting any of them just sends me back to the flashing Moto logo
BTW, I only do these things when the phone is sitting on the QI charging pad. When I plug in the Turbo charger I get a flashing empty battery. The flashing is sometimes slow, and sometimes fast.
This suggests that I don't have power, but I can't seem to get any juice into the battery.
Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Droid turbo will not turn on. It will flash the motorola logo and powered by android.
I do a hard reset, on button and volume down at the same time and take me to the options to start, restart bootloader,recovery mode, power off, Factory,Barcodes,BP tools, QCOM, Bootloader logs as options. When I click on one I want and hit the start button the motrola logo and powered by android text starts to blink at me.

Any one know why it wont turn on or why it blinks? Is there a place I can take it to have it looked at?
Can you explain what you did to solve this problem? I have the same issue, but I can't get my phone to charge with the turbo charger or on the QI pad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones