• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turn a-GPS on?

D

Deleted User

Hello!
I dont know about You, but my GPS needs like 10-15min to get my location (I turn on GPS, open one GPS app (Gmaps, GPS status or any other) and then wait...). What can I do to improve GPS locating speed? I tried installing stock II5 rom, Galaxo rom and stock IK4 but it is the same on all!

Btw.. On PhoneArena's Galaxy review they say:
The Galaxy I7500 comes equipped with a really fast GPS, especially if the A-GPS that enables the phone to download latest satellite position data is switched on. In this way, localizing takes about 30 seconds after hardware restart and is almost instantaneous following a software one.
(Link: PhoneArena in third paragraph)

Is a-GPS turned on by default? How do I turn it on? Is A-GPS just another lie from Samsung (like 16mio colors..)?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones