• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

turn my phone into a remote viewer.

I wish to be able to use my phone camera and be able to see it using my Xoom. I have downloaded a couple of apps that say you can do it but they don't work. I need it to see under my house. I thought if I tape my phone to a long stick and shove it under the house, my Xoom could become the reviewer and I could get a live feed from phone to tablet. Is this possible, if so how. Is there a bluetooth function that could do the same, or at least an app that works. Remote viewer doesn't securet remote doesn't work. Can someone please help. This should be easy to do, I would of thought.

Tried Droid cam but it says I have to download something to my windows computer for it to work. Can't believe someone hasn't made a simple solution to what I need. Everything is so hard. Heard back from securet and he said the reason it didn't work is because of some setting on my wireless router that needs to be turned off. I have no idea how to get to the setting's page on my router. Its not even listed in programs on my computer. Who the hell designs all these programs, and why can't they make everything intuitive instead of hiding all this stuff. Computers shit me to tears. No wonder I. swear by my phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones