1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

turn my phone into a remote viewer.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Pepee63, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Pepee63

Pepee63 Member

I wish to be able to use my phone camera and be able to see it using my Xoom. I have downloaded a couple of apps that say you can do it but they don't work. I need it to see under my house. I thought if I tape my phone to a long stick and shove it under the house, my Xoom could become the reviewer and I could get a live feed from phone to tablet. Is this possible, if so how. Is there a bluetooth function that could do the same, or at least an app that works. Remote viewer doesn't securet remote doesn't work. Can someone please help. This should be easy to do, I would of thought.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Have you tried a webcam app, such as DroidCam?

3. Pepee63

Pepee63 Member

Would that work from phone camera to Xoom screen?

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

If it doesn't, a similar one would.

The phone would become a webcam on your own home wifi, with a web address only seen on your network, then browse the Xoom to that.

That one is free, give it a quick shot in the living room or whatever, see if I'm on the right track.

5. Pepee63

Pepee63 Member

Tried Droid cam but it says I have to download something to my windows computer for it to work. Can't believe someone hasn't made a simple solution to what I need. Everything is so hard. Heard back from securet and he said the reason it didn't work is because of some setting on my wireless router that needs to be turned off. I have no idea how to get to the setting's page on my router. Its not even listed in programs on my computer. Who the hell designs all these programs, and why can't they make everything intuitive instead of hiding all this stuff. Computers shit me to tears. No wonder I. swear by my phone