1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Turn Notifications off when in Alarm Mode

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by regiyoung151, Dec 26, 2010.

1. regiyoung151

regiyoung151 Lurker
    None

Nov 24, 2010
    When I put my Droid on the Charger at night - it goes to Alarm Mode and the notifications keep waking me up. How can I turn them off at night when on the dock and in the Alarm mode.

I want the phone to be able to ring if a call comes in when it's in Alarm Mode, but I want the notifications to quit making sound.

Thanks in advance for your help :D

Advertisement

2. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    I'm not sure what you mean by alarm mode. Are you talking about the clock app that has an alarm function?

Tasker can easily silence notifications when in the dock and/or while a specific app is in the foreground.

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    I use Tasker for this.

4. milrtime83

milrtime83 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Here is an example to help get you started if you choose to use Tasker for this.
    Auto Sleep Mode (with exceptions) - Tasker Wiki

It silences the phone at specified times but that can easily be changed to being in the dock or alarm mode. For incoming calls you can pick specific people that will ring through the silent mode or just let any incoming call through.

There is also Timeriffic or Sweet Dreams for free options, but I'm not sure if they work with dock conditions. They might only be able to do it based on time.

5. regiyoung151

regiyoung151 Lurker
    None

Nov 24, 2010
    Thanks for the info regarding the Auto Sleep in Tasker. I installed tasker and dl the files, how do I change it to be effective in the dock/alarm mode?

6. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    If you've got an existing profile that is time based, and you want to change it to be dock based, go to the profiles list screen (the first screen you see when you start Tasker), tap on the profile to expand it, then tap on the existing context and select Add > State > Docked > Desk > Done. Then tap on the time context and select Delete.

The reason to do it in that order is that a profile must have a context, so you can't delete the only remaining context; you must add a new context first, then delete the original one.