• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turn of LED notification

Willimatic

May 26, 2010
In several of the battery tips/tricks to help batter life, they recommend to turn off the LED notifications for sms mms email etc. Well, it seems that even when all mine are un-checked the LED light still flashes green when I get a text/email etc. I'm refereing to the LED light that comes on when you charge the phone.

Anyone else experience this?

In several of the battery tips/tricks to help batter life, they recommend to turn off the LED notifications for sms mms email etc. Well, it seems that even when all mine are un-checked the LED light still flashes green when I get a text/email etc. I'm refereing to the LED light that comes on when you charge the phone.

Anyone else experience this?

Dude, LEDs use next to no battery life.

Upvote 0
Yeah, rather than try to figure out how to shut the light off, just disregard that battery "tip" that encourages you to turn off the LED. That's one of the tips that's grasping at straws.

Another battery tip tells you to install a black/dark wallpaper. lol. Not for the Evo. Would work for the Epics OLED display. For Evo's LCD screen, dark screens actually use more power than white ones. But even so, the difference is so minimal that it's not worth doing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones