• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn off 3g using tasker?

I have a GSM... I dont exactly get what you are saying. I want to disable 3g, no mobile data completely.

I don't have a GSM phone, but as far as I know, Taskers Mobile Data (APN) requires that APNdroid be installed, and whatever functionality it has would depend on APNdroid. Without having a GSM phone, I don't know what else I can tell you.

Upvote 0
In newer versions I believe that Tasker can control mobile data without using APNdroid, not sure which version this was added in.

Tasker is not able to toggle between 2G / 3G (at least not on GSM devices), but I don't believe any other applications are able to do this either, at least not consistently. This is because there's not an API to allow modification of that setting.

I believe allowing this to be changed by applications is one of the things modified in alternate firmwares like CyanogenMod

Upvote 0
I've just made it bring up the Wireless and Network settings menu so I can change it (when I start Google Maps). Apparently Google haven't released the code on how to change the 2g/3g setting

Otherwise get a widget on your homepage that will take you to the Mobile Network Settings menu and use that to change the setting

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones