1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Turn off autocorrect swipe on ICS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StefanNL, May 2, 2012.

1. StefanNL

StefanNL Newbie

Hello all,

Sorry if this thread allready excist, otherwise here's my question.
    After I upgaded my I-9100 to ICS I'm no longer able to turn off auto correct on the swipe keyboard, and its driving me nuts.

Am I missing something or did they drop the possibility to.
    I've been able to turn autocorrect off on the "samsung keyboard" but I'm not used to that keyboard and I use swipe a lot.

Yours sincerely,

Stefan

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Setting, language + input, swype, preferences, word suggestion. Untick auto correction

thiscatsabroad likes this.
  3. crenca

crenca Lurker

The above makes sense until you get to 'swype' (after language + input), because it is simply a check box in which you turn swype on/off. In other words, it is not something you select to get to a submenu where you move forward to "preferences" and then "word suggestion". Perhaps the poster does not actually have swype for ICS???

Anyone else have an idea on how to turn off auto correct in swype on ICS?

4. toshiba

toshiba Newbie

On ICS 4.0.4, start a new message and on the swype keyboard, long press on the key with the 'S' and a hand, this will bring up a settings menu, and in there under preferences there is 'word suggestion' , touch this option and you will find 'auto-correct' option....hope this is what you are after.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews