1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

turn off conversion of sms into mms???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by illusionist23, Dec 26, 2012.

1. illusionist23

illusionist23 Lurker

hello everybody,

can you please help me how to stop my phone from converting sms to mms (it does it all the time when I have more than 3 sms to send)?

thx :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ryuinferno

Ryuinferno Well-Known Member

There is no way unless you use a custom ROM...for now, try GO SMS...it does not convert...:)

GrahamF likes this.
  3. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

I tried almost 30 different apps for this, even go sms didn't work for me, finally i rooted my phone and installed a modified stock mms.apk, never had this problem again.

4. Helper69

Helper69 Lurker

Use the stock app. U can select up to 50 contacts to send. depends on network etc. after you select contact and click done, phone will give 'coverting to mms' notification and send button will be grayed if you have limitation to mms sending amount. either way, start clicking each contact u have selected and it will show you details of that contact. delete all contacts which show no numbers. email addresses or others just delete and the send button will be clickable again. It converts to mms if you have accidentally selected a contact with facebook or email address only information. Now you will be sending as text. Hope this helps. tc.

5. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

Its not this, most carriers have a limitation, if the length of the message exceeds 3 text messages, it automatically converts the sms into an mms, it does not matter what kind of number you are sending it to.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews