• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turn off email notifications from S Planner

Matt Levan

Lurker
May 26, 2016
Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and am using the S Planner app that came pre-installed as a calendar, without really thinking when I first got the phone I accepted it's request to sync with my Facebook and my Google account. The thing is that if I set a reminder for an event then even if I have only set it to notification and not email I still get an email from Google calendar to my gmail account, which I don't actually want.

I can prevent this by going into the menu, clicking calendars and unticking the box with my gmail address next to it but that means events I create no longer show up on the calendar at all and notifications don't appear on the phone.

Any suggestions? I assume I am creating the events somehow in my google account, but I lack the technical knowledge to see how I can change this to creating them just on the phone itself.

Thanks,
Matt

PS I am completely non techie so I'm pretty sure the phone is not rooted unless that was done before I bought it and the operating system should be whatever it was on the latest automatic update.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones