1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Turn off email notifications from S Planner

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Matt Levan, May 26, 2016.

1. Matt Levan

Matt Levan Lurker
    None

May 26, 2016
    Male
    Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and am using the S Planner app that came pre-installed as a calendar, without really thinking when I first got the phone I accepted it's request to sync with my Facebook and my Google account. The thing is that if I set a reminder for an event then even if I have only set it to notification and not email I still get an email from Google calendar to my gmail account, which I don't actually want.

I can prevent this by going into the menu, clicking calendars and unticking the box with my gmail address next to it but that means events I create no longer show up on the calendar at all and notifications don't appear on the phone.

Any suggestions? I assume I am creating the events somehow in my google account, but I lack the technical knowledge to see how I can change this to creating them just on the phone itself.

Thanks,
    Matt

PS I am completely non techie so I'm pretty sure the phone is not rooted unless that was done before I bought it and the operating system should be whatever it was on the latest automatic update.

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    The email reminders are configured on your Gmail account. Just go to Gmail settings on a PC and disable email reminders there.

3. Matt Levan

Matt Levan Lurker
    None

May 26, 2016
    Male
    Thank you that seems to work