1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

turn off emergency calls only

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    How do I turn off Emergency Calls Only on my Samsung Galaxy Discover?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    That means that you cannot connect to your home network.

How to fix depends on the reason:

* It could be a problem with your network, in which case it will come back when they fix it.

* It could be a problem with your account, in which case you should talk to your provider.

* It could be a problem with your SIM (assuming you have one), in which case you need to speak to your provider to get a replacement.

* It could be a problem with the handset, in which case it probably needs repairing.

If you put the SIM in a different phone and it works, then that might suggest the handset. If other people on the same network have the same problem then that's a network fault (but these can affect some numbers and not others). Similarly if you only have the problem in some locations.

What I'd suggest is swapping SIMs if you have one, and if you have another handset. If you know someone else who is on the same network who you can swap SIMs with (if they don't have the same problem) that would be perfect: if the problem moves with the SIM, and their SIM can get a signal in your handset, then the handset is fine.

Also do a network search and see what networks it can find: no networks at all might suggest a handset problem, being able to see your own network but not connect could be a SIM, account or network problem, seeing other networks but not your own is definitely a network issue (if in a location where you would normally have a signal).

At the end of the day, most of the possible causes have the same resolution: speaking to your provider. But if you can narrow down the cause first it will save time when speaking to them.

Good luck :)