1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Turn Off Motorola Automatic Software Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spec_tech, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Spec_tech

Spec_tech Lurker

Hi All.

Something that i've noticed with the Moto G Power (2020) is that it likes updating itself whenever the latest one comes out

Every time, it does it automatically and doesn't even let you choose not too. This worries me, as i'd like to 1) Not be bothered by so many notifications or forced to restart, and 2) Would like a chance to check the updates and vet them before actually applying them

Is there any way to turn off Motorolas System Updates on this phone, or at least without rooting it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Open developer options and turn off auto-update.

Screenshot_2021-02-02_18-50-55_1.jpg

3. Spec_tech

Spec_tech Lurker

I saw that and already turned it off, but it says "Apply updates when device restarts" underneath it.
    So how i understand it, it sounds like the updates are still downloaded and installed already, but just needs to restart to apply them.

So it doesn't sound like it prevents the updates from being installed at all.

Attached Files:

4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

So find and delete the updates, set the developer option setting, and then restart the device.

You may need to run a firewall to prevent the updates from being downloaded in the first place.

It is possible that the updates are dowoaded via a pth that you cannot efficiently block, due to loss of essentials, but maybe not.

Motorola Moto G Power Forum

The Motorola Moto G Power release date was 1 April. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 665 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

1 April
Release Date
Reviews