1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Turn off privacy lock screen on text messages?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ian Currie, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Ian Currie

Ian Currie Lurker
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    I am new here so I hope I can explain my problem clearly. A few days ago I managed to set up my Samsung S5 phone so that I had to enter a pattern before I could look at text messages. I think I used a feature called Privacy Mode. Now I want to get rid of this feature so that I can just go straight to messages from the home screen without having to put in a security unlock pattern. I have tried the obvious of sliding the switch on Privacy Mode to off but that doesn't work. I have googled this query but with no joy. Can anyone help, please?

Advertisement

2. A bochur

A bochur Android Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2016
    Male
    Are you sure you are using privacy mode to lock the messaging app? Cuz i don't find such an option in privacy mode settings. Is it possible that you downloaded an app to lock ur messages?
    Can you send a screenshot of the lock

3. Ian Currie

Ian Currie Lurker
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    You have got it in one. Well done. I had totally forgotten many months ago I had downloaded an app to lock messages. Thank you.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.