• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn off ringer but leave but leave notifications on?

missin44

Nov 3, 2009
I've never had a need to do this until now. My phone is a Note 10+. I can turn notifications off, and leave the ringer on. If I silence the ringer, it also silences the notifications. But I want the opposite, I want to turn off the ringer but the notifications on.

Is there a solution?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use Samsung but can't find a setting in Android 12 that separates them. The only thing I can think of is to set your ringtone to "silent" while leaving your notification sounds to the sound you want. You should be able to tell Bixby to do that - she's really good about doing things within the phone.

Upvote 0
I use Samsung but can't find a setting in Android 12 that separates them. The only thing I can think of is to set your ringtone to "silent" while leaving your notification sounds to the sound you want. You should be able to tell Bixby to do that - she's really good about doing things within the phone.
Oddly my s21, running Android 12, has separate volume sliders for ringtone and notification. In fact it doesn't have a setting to link them - very much the way Android was originally (I should add that I've had them linked on non-Samsung devices, so this isn't just a Samsung silliness, though I was able to unlink them on at least some).

Of course different models, carriers messing with the firmware, you never know quite what is behind it when there are differences like this between phones.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
You are very correct - I tapped "Volume" and all the various sliders appear. It should be easy, then, to set up a Bixby routine to adjust the sliders automatically, depending on day/time and location.

Screenshot_20221003_061141_Settings.jpg

Reactions: Hadron and Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones