• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turn off vibration on Samsung galaxy s3

Hi Cowgirl, I have the same phone. Have you tried turning off "Keytones" and "Haptic Feedback" in the sound options on your phone. Also, If you turn your volume down a click there is an gear you can click on the right side of the volume box that will let you turn down the vibration frequency or volume.

The ketones and haptic feedback are off. The problem with turning down the vibration is when it's on vibrate it doesn't vibrate when I get a call or text. Have you updated yours too?

Upvote 0
Go to Auto Haptic in sound settings (tap the actual WORDS "auto haptic", not the switch next to them), wait a few seconds for the app list to appear then uncheck any apps you dont want to use vibration.
Hope that helps in your case..... its a setting a lot of people miss

Upvote 0
Go to Auto Haptic in sound settings (tap the actual WORDS "auto haptic", not the switch next to them), wait a few seconds for the app list to appear then uncheck any apps you dont want to use vibration.
Hope that helps in your case..... its a setting a lot of people miss

I'm having the same issue with text messages. I get my notification sound but it also vibrates. It didn't do this until I changed the default notification sound over to one from Zedge.

In my sound settings it is listed as "Haptic feedback" and tapping the words only turns off the switch. It doesn't bring up a list of apps.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Hi, I posted about this same issue many months ago. I wanted to find out if there was a way to change it because I found it very annoying. Unfortunately, I have some bad news for you. After trying to find an answer for a very long time, testing countless things, and sending in my phone in to have the issue inspected, there simply isn't a way to change it. Actually, there is ONE thing you can do that will stop it from vibrating completely. Under your messaging settings there is an option called "Also vibrate when notified". Turning this off will stop it from vibrating when it rings (with sound turned on). However, if you switch your sound settings to vibrate, then it will be silent and do nothing when you get a call, message, etc. You would have to go back to the message settings and turn that option on/off every time you change your sound settings. To me, that's just too much of a hassle every time I change to vibrate and back, so I just try to ignore it even though it bugs me to no end.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue with text messages. I get my notification sound but it also vibrates. It didn't do this until I changed the default notification sound over to one from Zedge.

In my sound settings it is listed as "Haptic feedback" and tapping the words only turns off the switch. It doesn't bring up a list of apps.

Hmm maybe its only on the global s3?

Reactions: stephen65
Upvote 0
***************************** Solution ****************************
1. Run app(e.g. messaging, Viber, Skype, etc) for which you want to disable vibration
2. Using left touch button (menu button) go to settings(in some apps "more options")
3. Uncheck vibration option
4. Cheers

Explanation: Well, it seems, in Galaxy there is priority stack for settings. On top of the stack sits
app's native settings then came fone's settings. This concludes: Even if you have disabled
Vibration in fone's setting using methods stated in previous posts, it will still vibrate if it is
enabled in app's native setting. Note, by default it is ever enabled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones