1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Turn off Voice Command? Adjusting the search button?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by onree, Sep 12, 2011.

1. onree

onree Newbie
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    Is there any way to turn off the voice command function on the Photon? I have never really wanted to use it, and yet I find myself constantly accidentally triggering it by inadvertently hitting the search button.

On a related note, what is the search button supposed to do from the home screen, when single-tapped? Can it be customized?

Thanks in advance for any help, have been digging around and searching but haven't found anything.

Advertisement

2. GottWhat

GottWhat Member
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Male
    Rocket Surgeon & Brain Scientist
    Shelby Township, MI
    I was going to ask the same questions. For example, I would like the search button to pull up dolphin rather than the stock search.

3. onree

onree Newbie
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    Well, I did finally figure out what the Search button does when single-tapped. It turns out that if you have the Google search widget on the current home screen, the Search button really doesn't do anything at all. But on any other home screen, it will bring up Google Search. (At least, this is how it behaves from GoLauncher EX.)

Still would love to remap it altogether though, particularly the long-press voice command.