• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn on/off Mobile Hotspot - is there a quick way to do this?

I don't see a little pencil. I can't figure out a way to move the hotspot icon to my home screen.

I forgot there is a mobile hotspot app in the app drawer. Just long press it and move it to one of your home screens.

OR.....there is a quick menu icon that you can select and move to one of the few that show at the top of your screen when you pull down from the top. (That's what I was referring to in my first answer....but the app/icon in the app draw is probably more convenient for you if you use it all the time).

Upvote 0
I forgot there is a mobile hotspot app in the app drawer. Just long press it and move it to one of your home screens.

OR.....there is a quick menu icon that you can select and move to one of the few that show at the top of your screen when you pull down from the top. (That's what I was referring to in my first answer....but the app/icon in the app draw is probably more convenient for you if you use it all the time).

Yup, I did have it at the top of my quick settings but had not realized there was an icon for it in the app drawer. I guess I missed it when looking through there.

Those folders hide things well. Lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones