• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

turn on

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
Welcome to AF!

Can you confirm that you have tried charging your device with a wall charger? Not all car chargers have the milliamps required to charge todays smart phones.

It is also possible that the car charger is faulty and either caused a problem with your battery or it is as I said above.

We'd love to help out further!

Reactions: PyroSporker
Upvote 0
First off I would like to give another welcome to the site :hello:

Second everything that quickaudi said is applicable, but I'd like to add to it.

Sometimes, especially in the car, the battery in my Samsung Galaxy Nexus gets just a tiny bit misaligned and I have had the same problem, so I would recommend pulling the battery and then re-seat it firmly and see if your phone powers back up.

good luck

Reactions: PyroSporker
Upvote 0
Sometimes, especially in the car, the battery in my Samsung Galaxy Nexus gets just a tiny bit misaligned and I have had the same problem, so I would recommend pulling the battery and then re-seat it firmly and see if your phone powers back up.

Good thought, but the Battery within the One X is more or less sealed into the housing so that it is not easily user accessible. ;)

To the original poster, Welcome. Do you remember any ambient excessive heat in the car or was the device hot to the touch? Was the mobile sitting in the direct sunlight in the vehicle?

Leaving the phone on the wall charger (the one that came with the device) for an extended period of time and then holding the power button for a long time +10 seconds and more has worked for some.

You could also try using the original MicroUSB cable and charging from your computers USB port for a low and slow charge, or to see if the computer will recognize the phone as being connected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones