1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Turned off suddenly and wont turn back on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rikeus, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Rikeus

Rikeus Lurker

Hey. I have a fairly new Galaxy Nexus (about 3 weeks), and earlier today on my way home it inexplicably turned off and couldn't be turned back on. It had almost full power at the time, however, at the time I figured maybe I was just wrong and that charging it would fix it. Came home, plugged it in, and even after an hour it still wouldn't switch back on. I then tried pulling the battery out and then back in, but after doing so (and spending the next half-hour trying to get that flimsy back cover to go back in place properly), it STILL will not turn on. This is beginning to get very annoying. Also, if it helps, I wasn't doing anything on it at the time it shut off - I put it back in my bag after sending a text, and when I next pulled it out again it was completely off.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

Take the battery cover off, remove the battery, hold the power button for 10 seconds, put the battery back in and hold it there (don't bother with the cover for now), press the power button for a couple of seconds.
    See if that works

ppsp likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews