• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turned on phone today and got "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!!"

morkys

Lurker
Aug 11, 2011
At night before I go to sleep, I often turn off my phone and plug in the USB to AC charger. Today when I went to turn it on, I got the screen with the Android guy in the Hazard Yellow triangle shovelling and "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!!"

I don't know how it happened, unless maybe I pressed the on button a little too long and that somehow caused this.

I am going to leave it be for a few hours, but it's only connected to the usb to AC charger. No idea what to do. Should I try the on button again? Take out the battery? Is it bricked?

I am pretty sure I have gingerbread or whatever the latest update was.

thanks in advance for any help,

:)

A friend suggested I may have accidentally put the phone in download mode by pressing power and volume at the same time. I turned it off by pressing the button for a long time (I tried that the first time and it didn't work, and I was worried about screwing it up)...and it turned on and all is good. Oh well. There you go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones