• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turning off a SIM on dual SIM phone

Is there an easy way to turn the work SIM off on my day off?
I've never had a dual-SIM phone, so I have no idea if this is even an option, but what about 'do not disturb'? If that allows you to pick which SIM you're wanting to control, you could set its DND settings based on your day off.

If that's out, it's possible--but, again, I can't say for sure--that something like Tasker might work.

Upvote 0
I'm looking for exactly the same feature. I've got a dual sim phone, but the "do not disturb" feature only works by turning the ringer off and back on at certain times so all messages and calls are missed. I want my work sim to go silent and straight to VM out of hours and my personal sim to stay on. I can't believe such an obvious feature is missing from a device designed for this very purpose. Does anyone know of any apps that will overide the DND feature in android settings and manage both sims seperately and not together? Cheers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones