1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Turning off functions???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gagnon7, Oct 16, 2011.

1. gagnon7

gagnon7 Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    I just got my Revolution about a week ago. I noticed the the 3G indicator randomly flashes like there is data being transmitted when nothing is running. I would rather not have to pay for data usage that I did not initiate myself. Is there a way to turn off the data receiver? Of course the little manual thingy that came with the phone says nothing about this.

Would also like to know if there is a certain way that apps have to be closed down so they are not running in the back ground? Or does pressing the "home" or "return" soft keys do the trick? I noticed that the first time I tried to play a song and then backed out of the app., it stayed up in the little "tool" bar at the top and would come off pause if I hit the right area of the screen while go through other apps.:thinking:

I should mention that I found the Mobile Network setting screen and the "Data enabled" does NOT have the blue check mark box thingy next to it. but my network type and strength is still registering. I am completely new at the whole Smrt Fone thing and appreciate any help.

Advertisement

2. sgschwend

sgschwend Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    In my neighborhood the 3G flashes as the signal is found and lost "again". But it is not the network, say VZ.