• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turning off Gmail Sync when using HTC Mail

you'll be fine. HTC's mail accounts are separate from gmail's auto-sync. That is how I have it set up. I'm currently trying to use HTC's mail app since the sense integration elements don't work with the gmail app.

Is there any way to speed up the active-sync in HTC Mail? I notice after I read an email on my phone, it still shows as unread on my computer Gmail for a few minutes.

Upvote 0
Is there any way to speed up the active-sync in HTC Mail? I notice after I read an email on my phone, it still shows as unread on my computer Gmail for a few minutes.

that's one of the deficiencies of using HTC's mail app: it's not a true push system. If you want it to sync immediately, you have to manually sync/refresh in the menu option (menu>refresh). The gmail app is going to be more in-sync without manually refreshing.

hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones