• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turning off Myextras

Again if you run it, there should be sound options, and you can disable all of the reminders for the ******ed program. Yeah i hate this thing more than any other app on the phone. Its like metros version of hell.

you can disable all the notifications and sound so that it doesnt bother you any more, but its still running in the background eating away at your battery and using the phones resources.

Upvote 0
You can actually go into myextra and turn off the audible alerts for both extra msg and regular msg of my extra. Yeah I hate that app, and I have no idea why metro ever came up with it. I get billions of customers that hate that app, nobody likes it lol.

I both like and dislike it. I enjoy the morning message that tells me the temperature and forecast, and I enjoy the "On this day in <date>...such and so happened." On the other hand, I hate the messages trying to sell me something. However, I discovered tonight that if you go into the MyExtras app, and then give one tap to the button at the lower, extreme right hand side below the screen, that is the one that looks like three horizontal lines, you can pull up a menu which allows you to select your alerts, etc. Keep what you want, and get rid of the rest. That made me very happy. : )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones